Monday 25 July 2011

Japan Trip Summer 2011 ~Day 1~

It's better for me to post my memories of recent trip to Tokyo, Japan before I forget most of them. I have pretty bad memory. lol

I'll start with the first day of the journey. 5 July 2011.
I started packing a day before. More like the night before. With a great help from my mom (thank God). Woke up early in the morning, got ready then off to airport with my younger sis and bro. My flight was early in the morning so my mom sent me first before sending my siblings to school. Dad wasn't around because his workplace is pretty far from our home. After checked in, hugged family, I went into the boarding hall, waiting for my flight. Nope, not flight to Tokyo. not yet.

beware: boring story haha


Not long after that, I boarded the plane. Slept most of the 2.5-3 hours flight to KL. After arriving at the airport, I wandered a bit. It's still early. around 10 or 11 am. I was super hungry though. Since I don't like having too many luggage with me, I went to the check in counter. This time, to Tokyo. Still not open. I idled there for a while. When the counter opened I immediately went for check in. If I'm not mistaken I was among if not 5, the 10 earliest passenger lol.


Checked in. Gone one bag (full of food). With only bagpack and sling bag, I went for lunch. I didn't go to McDonald though. I don't remember why. Either because there were too many people or that I didn't feel like eating one. Okay, let's cut the crap.

Lunch done. Time for boarding hall. Went there. Stomach ache. Went to toilet but I heard announcement calling passenger to Tokyo to go to the designated gate. oh sh!t. There was still quite a time before the real boarding time. why oh why. I decided to abandoned my mission (lol) and went to the gate. Before entering I went to buy bottled water first ehe. oh okay I talked craps again XD anyway, I waited for a while. Then it's time to board the plane. My flight was scheduled to depart at 14:40.

doki doki...


On the plane now. My seat was at the back. Oh my there were A LOT of empty seats! I was suppose to seat beside this one man, but he decided to change seat so it was only me and an empty seat. Yup, two seats only. Which means, I get to sit on his seat, next to the window. sweeeeet~! So, window, me, my sling bag next to me, walkway (?), 3 seats, walkway, then no idea how many seats after that lol

I can't find my iPod USB. Not only I can't tranfer L6S into iPod, I can't even charge it! In the end I brought CD player along. Who said buying CD is a waste of money, it's useful haha

Anyway, the 7 hours flight (I think so, didn't count the time, and my flight arrive late) was pretty boring. I spent the time sleeping (most of the time), looking out of the window, thinking, imagining, watching other people and listening to LIFE 6 SENSE. Boring right (like this entry :P).

seriously, where is this

We flew past a place with mountains. I assumed it's mountain area. Can't be hills haha I thought we already arrived at Japan. Maybe the southern area. But the sunlight was still there. We supposed to land around 10.30pm. Total darkness. So I seriously have no idea which part of the world we flew past. It's beautiful though. I wish I can take a better photos of it.

Tup tap tup tap we finally on top of Tokyo. I was kinda panicked because the pilot announced the time we will land. Not on schedule. I needed to arrive at the airport fast to catch train. I didn't want to get stranded in the airport!

The plane safely touched down at Haneda Airport. We got down from the plane, rode a bus (what do you call it? shuttle bus?) to the terminal. Scanned. Passed the immigration (when I gave the officer my passport, my boarding pass was in it. He took it out and forgot to return it to me. When I was about 100 meter away, he ran towards me to gave it back. awww). Took my bag full of food (LOL) and headed toward the train. Oh, before that, I saw the Arashi on the wall. I was in rush so I took a photo using my lousy phone quickly (without me in it ARGH). Just before I got to ticket machine (whatever you call that thing, head isn't clear now, can't think properly) I was stopped by two men. They started talking in Japanese. I was like eh what huh @_@ and said I don't understand. They then tried their best to talk in English. They asked for my name bla bla and gave me paper with emergency numbers. I was uneasy so started questioning them bla bla bla and finally I said I was in hurry and need to take the train asap. Went to bought the ticket (with the help of a worker standing next to the machine). One of the guys earlier asked the worker if train to Asakusa is still available and she said yes (thank God). So, after some little bowing with the men (owh man, the awkwardness in foreign country) I rush to the platform. So, what's now?



I took the first train that arrived. Sitting in front of me were a man and an old man. After a few stops, I felt uneasy again. Am I on the right train? Do I have to change train? The old man already gone. I gathered up courage and asked the 30-ish man if he can speak English. He said a little. So I asked him if I'm on the right train to Asakusa. He checked his phone. He looked like he wasn't completely sure but he told me to get out at the next stop. And he'll follow me. At the next stop both of us went out of the train. While waiting for my train we chatted a bit. His name is, I'm not sure about this but it sounds like Max, and he is working is Shibuya. Soon after my train arrived. He didn't get in because his train will be the next one. After saying goodbye and thank you, I went in and sat on the seat. I looked around. Not many people. I looked at my printed subway map. I'm sure this is the right train. The last train to Asakusa.

But this is where the nightmare started. I have no idea WHY (am I so STUPID) but at one stop, there was an announcement about passengers who want to take **** lines should change here bla bla. I was like eh? change here? and immediately went out of the train. After the train went then realisation came to me. I was on the right train. the last train. Stupid right.

I panicked. I approached a train station worker and asked him. he said it's the last train. No more! Oh God, I started thinking about staying at this station till 5 am for the first train and that thought alone gave me shivers. Then I remembered that JR Line stop their services later than subways. And there are many people on the other platform. SO I asked for assurance if I can get there somewhere nearer by JR Line. He said yes lalalala

So I ran to the next platform, started to babbling about how I got off on the wrong stop to the cute girl at the JR ticket counter, asked for ticket to Akihabara. She gave me the ticket, no need to pay, because I already paid for original ticket to Asakusa (orz). Next, is what I don't want to tell. It's... it's... something I don't want to remember. Anyway, I got on the train, started to think calmly again. Oh there, one more mistake. Why did I asked for Akihabara ticket. Ueno is nearer! *facepalm* I decided to go to Ueno station instead. After I arrived at the station (and paid the extra fare) I took a taxi (I have to. and hey it's not really bad, at least I get to feel how it's like to take Japanese Taxi HAHAHA and yes, no need to open the door yourself, okay jakun haha). About 3 km (and xxxx yen) after that, I arrived in front of my hostel, Khaosan Tokyo Guest House Hostel. I was really really relieved.

the next morning

Went inside using pin number they gave me earlier, I saw a man sitting on a chair in kitchen area. I told him I want to check in. He said he wasn't the worker, but a guest. okaaaaay. another embarrassing moment LOL but he helped me anyway. He searched the staff for me. After filling a form, the staff gave me a key and brought me to my room. Bed actually. I booked a bed for female dorm. 8 beds in total in that room. After putting my luggage, I went back to the kitchen area. Talked to the guy eralier. He's a Singaporean.Nice guy. We talked for quite a time. Mostly about places in Japan. Then I got on a computer. Need to inform my family esp my mom that I arrived safely XD

Finally, it's time for a rest. A real rest. I was tired, mentally and physically. I had headache too. Possibly jet lag. D:

So, it's the end of my first day.

Oh god, I typed quite a lot didn't I. And in details too. too detailed lol please forgive me. It's my writing style. excuse my horrible English too orz

*********************
btw, I'll write summary in the very last post. If I ever manage to post about every single day of my trip haha. the summary will contains info about my accommodation, transportation. perhaps tips and advices too.

2 comments:

  1. Uwa... Truthfully, I really enjoying reading this post! Your trip sounds so fun! :D
    It's great you posted it since I really want to go to Japan... ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I hope my post isn't bad, I'm not a good storyteller! orz
    It is fun! (the only thing that are not fun is me getting lost most of the time and the heat of summer!) but it's really a precious experience and memory :D
    hope you can go there someday!

    ReplyDelete

back to top