Wednesday 4 November 2009

Astro Boy

so today, while we were finishing our food at Texas, I suggested to my friends to watch a movie since the cinema just like across from where we were at the moment... my friends agreed and then we looked at the timetable... what movie available... only four were showing today .__.

I don't know what other movies except for Astro Boy... plus the other movies were already being played... so we picked Astro Boy... while choosing our seats, we realized that the cinema will be empty... not many people bought tickets for this one lol

anyway, we went in and wait for the movie to start... I wasn't really expecting anything from this movie since well, I never like Astro Boy... never read it, never watch it... in fact, I actually thought that he looks... kinda... *coughs*gay*coughs*

but my perception changed like almost 180 degree... it's very very touching... the story of how Astro Boy become existed... very very sad indeed that I almost cry sob sob... apart from that, the movie is packed with actions and comedy 8Db the animation is well done too... the only thing that I don't like is the way the story is rushed... they wanted to tell a lot of things in a very limited time... in some scenes the story and the emotion and whatever suppose to be there aren't fully builded up... for example the beginning of the story regarding *cough spoiler!* Toby's fate and how his father reacted bla bla bla...

AND oh ya! the trio robots are pretty much annoying but their screentime is short so yea, wat eva XD

but whatever it is, I still will give this movie two thumbs up b(^_^)b


sidenote: the story from the movie (of how Astro Boy is 'born') is somewhat differ from the original work aka the manga... and he's look also not very the same... him in the movie looks better than in the manga/anime that I saw XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top